Friday 19 June 2009

When is a soap not a soap?

I did a load of gardening yesterday afternoon with the weather a bit cooler, it was a perfect opportunity to get the lawn (well, the weeds!) cut and tidy up a border. I came in all hot and needing a shower. I'd had a vague sort of headache all day which I woke up with so I unwrapped what I thought was the rosemary and tea tree soap as I know rosemary is good for headaches. It was only when I was looking around the bathroom for the new shampoo that I bought from Little Satsuma that I realised the soap was a shampoo bar!

Trouble is it's the same shape and size as the larger soaps that I bought and whilst all the different scents are slightly different shade of beige/cream, it's going to be difficult to tell them apart. It would be a good idea to make the shampoo a different shape so you can tell which is which! I fished the labels out of the bin and the label is a different colour but that doesn't help when it's unwrapped.

I examined the ingredients hoping that they were the same and the two were inter-changeable but - putting aside what I think must be the ingredients for scent - there is one ingredient different, the shampoo has Sodium Castorate instead of Butyrospermum Parkii in it. Ooops!

Oh well, I don't seem to have suffered any ill effects, I must say that the orange lip balm is the best lip balm I have ever used, I love the smell and it stays on for ages.

We tried Oatibix flakes for breakfast today and they got the thumbs up from both of us so I think we have found our substitute breakfast cereal. We'll try a few palm oil free others before finally settling though.

Right, I have lots of e-mails to write to companies that produce things that I eat for lunch so I'm off to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment