Thursday 8 April 2010

Homecare response

Homecare Technology who make Hob Brite have sent a response to my enquiry:

Thank you for your letter dated 7 March regarding Palm Oil.

I have spoken with our production team and can confirm that we do not use Palm OIl in any of our products. The ingredients used in Hob Brite are sources from third party companies and as such we are not able to giveyou an unequivocal statement, but can say that as far as we are aware they are also free from Palm Oil.

Hope this information is helpful.


I'm afraid it isn't really because I don't know whether I can continue to use Hob Brite or not. I have written back to them giving them the long list of ingredients that may be palm oil derived and asking them to check their ingredients list and then ask the third parties.

I have pointed out that Sainsbury's and Tesco are both willing to provide unequivocal yes or no statements concerning palm oil in their own brand products and I am hopeful that Homecare Technology will be willing to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment